Announcing StrinGnosis® 3.8
Release Date: November 2022 The Blade Technology development team have been hard at work adding new features to StrinGnosis® here are some of the latest updates:
- ASME Steam Tables APB Integration A new setting, under File > Preferences, allows the user to choose to calculate the density of water fluids using either the fluid’s PVT function given in the fluid table or using the ASME Steam Tables. Affects APB calculations only.
- Connection Design Factors Under Design Basis, it is now possible to define design factors for connections, separate from those for tubulars. Safety factor results for connections are based on the new connection design factors.
- Generic Operations Load A new standard load, Generic Operations Load, available on tubing strings, takes the internal pressure profile and temperature profile from the associated thermal case.
- WCD Design Factor Integration On the custom load form, a new checkbox allows the user to designate the custom load to use WCD design factors instead of the default pipe design factors. This checkbox is only available on Drilling and Drilling+Production strings.
- Kick: Limited Volume Improvements On the Kick: Limited Volume load forms, a link to SideKick has been added, and the Bubble Profile window has been reorganized and extended with the fracture pressure at each critical depth. Additionally, on the bubble profile chart, is now possible to display the string shoes via right-click.
- Negative Temperatures It is now possible to enter negative temperatures in the standard load temperature profile form.
- RBD Maximum VME The RBD Results table now also displays the Maximum VME at the failing depth.
- RBD Visualization On the RBD results windows, new charts plot the distributions of the various variables.
- Allowable Wall Loss Comparison There is a new category of result comparisons, for Allowable Wall Loss.
- Thermal Conductivity It is now possible to select a material for the drill pipe in Circulating thermal cases, and thus adjust the thermal conductivity of the drill pipe via the Materials Manager.
- Automatic Updates For the desktop version of the software, the system now checks for software updates and automatically installs them if the user is entitled to receive them. As usual, Stringnosis Online received automatic updates.
- UI Improvement Double-clicking in numeric entry boxes now selects the entire contents of the box.
- User Defined Fluids It is now possible to migrate user-defined fluids from previously installed versions by means of a menu item under the Tools menu, for desktop users only.
Blade Technology Corporation, LLC Tools
Tellus OCTG is an app to determine the performance properties of oilfield tubulars (OCTG) as specified in the historical API 5C3 standard. It provides
- API MIYP (Burst),
- API Collapse with Tension adjustment, and
- Pipe Body Yield Strength (PBYS),
of casing and tubing, and considers effect of temperature on yield strength.
The app includes an inventory of commonly used oilfield pipes, and custom sizes can be defined by the user.
For more advanced properties, casing design, and thermal analysis, please visit www.StrinGnosis.com.
BLADE TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION – “BLADE TECH”
- Wholly owned subsidiary of Blade Energy Partners
- Created as a vehicle to develop and market commercial grade software solutions from Blade Energy’s IP and innovative solutions
- A complete software development team comprised of architect, developers, programmers and external consultants
- Works closely with Blade Energy to identify new developments or novel solutions that can be developed into commercial software solutions
- Blade Tech continues to add new, advanced tools spanning the spectrum of upstream energy to our portfolio
BLADE TECH SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
- StrinGnosis®: Advanced Tubular Design and Wellbore Thermal Analysis, Blade Tech’s marquee tool which includes Limit State Design and RBD
- Dent Analyzer™: Strain Based Dent Analysis tool for pipeline integrity management based on ASME B31.8 Appendix R and improved strain equation for pipeline industry
- Crack Analyzer™: Crack assessment tool for pipeline integrity management based on API 579 and BS 7910 for pipeline industry
- StringNexus: Connection selection tool based on ISO 13679 / API 5C5 tested envelopes
- StringTracker™: Tubular torque and drag application with comprehensive fatigue estimation
- UBD Pie: Probabilistic productivity improvement factor estimating tool for UBD screening
- eRes UBD: Ultrafine-grid reservoir simulation tool for near wellbore analysis and reservoir characterization
- eDams: Core calibrated dynamic reservoir damage modeling tool