The services provided at the laboratory are:
- Failure Analyses that includes onsite data collection and field evaluation, followed by detailed and thorough laboratory examination. Such an analyses complements a root cause analysis.
- Metallurgical evaluation using stereo/optical microscopes, Field Emission Gun SEM, EDS, microhardness, hardness and in situ stress-strain measurements. This is normally complemented with laser scanning data and MPI.
Blade Energy Laboratories
The focus of the laboratory is specialized experiments, testing and analyses. Many projects ranging from failure analyses of pipelines, wellhead, casing/tubing and others to simulation of thermal loads for plasticity analyses to fatigue/fracture mechanics testing have been successfully completed here. Further, full scale testing is also conducted to verify small specimen or project model understanding to the field.
- Full Scale Pressure (burst) testing up to a maximum pressure of 5000 psi
- Full Scale Fatigue Testing up to a maximum pressure of 5000 psi.
- Make and Break Capability up to 7 5/8 in.
- Mechanical Testing including conventional stress-strain, true stress-strain and Charpy Impact
- Fracture Mechanics Testing that includes
- Low Cycle Fatigue
- Small Scale Thermal Fatigue
- Linear and Non-Liner Fracture Toughness (JIC, J-R, KJIC, CTOD, KIC) at room and high temperatures
- High Cycle Fatigue Crack initiation and growth.
- Corrosion Fatigue Crack initiation and growth.