Blade Energy Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Thank you for your interest in joining the team at Blade Energy Partners. Listed below are our current openings. If you don’t see an opening that matches your skillset, we encourage you to submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for future consideration. As our company continues to grow, we will keep your information on file and reach out if any opportunities align with your skills and experience. We appreciate your enthusiasm and look forward to the possibility of working together.
Transparency Act - Health Plan Info
Metallurgical Technician – Oil & Gas
Blade Energy Partners – Position Office Base: Houston, Texas
· Full-time – Immediate Hire
· Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship (U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident Status)
· 75-100 employees – Oil & Gas and Alternative Energy Sources Consulting Services
· This is not a Remote or Hybrid position; it is a laboratory office-based position in Houston, Texas
Blade Energy Partners is a premier engineering consulting firm that utilizes knowledge gained over many years of experience to solve some of the most challenging problems in the oil and gas industry. The depth of knowledge spans many subjects including solid mechanics, fracture and fatigue, corrosion, chemistry, and thermodynamics.
A large part of the company’s work includes failure Proanalysis in both the upstream and midstream areas of the oil and gas industry. Failures such as these that occur with downhole equipment, casing and pipelines are sent to Blade’s failure lab for investigation by its team of expert scientists and engineers.
Essential duties and proficiency requirements involved in this position include, but are not limited to, the below, nor are they presented in any order of priority importance:
· Prepare metallic samples for metallographic analysis (cutting, grinding, and polishing) – Proficiency in this skill
· Prepare multiple alloy systems with etchants using open circuit solutions or electro-polishing
· Perform multiple hardness test procedures such as Vickers, Brinell, Rockwell, and Ultrasonic Contact Impedance
· Optical macro photography, microscopy and related imaging manipulation and analysis software
· Performing assigned laboratory testing and tasks utilizing a scanning electron microscope, requiring basic understanding of the theory and operation of the device
· Willingness to fill knowledge gaps as they become apparent
· Compatible work habits with an ISO 17025 quality system
· Ease and comfortable working in a fast-paced, occasionally stressful environment
· Company Laboratory Facility located in Houston Texas (this is not a work from home remote position)
· Occasional day and/or over-night travel may be required for training and on-site project assignments.
· Occasional extended hours may be required.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
· Ability to work in the U.S.A. without sponsorship is required.
· High School Diploma or GED required.
· Required Minimum years of experience as a metallurgical lab technician: 5
· Must be knowledgeable and experienced in either (1) mechanical testing; or (2) metallurgical analysis, with willingness to learn the other if not experienced in both.
· Oil & Gas Industry metallurgic testing lab experience a plus
· A degree in metallurgy, materials science, or a related field a plus, but not required.
· Experienced with Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Must be able to pass drug and alcohol test (pre-employment and random) and criminal background check.
· Must be able to pass Forklift certification, if not already a holder of Forklift certification
· Must be familiar with and understand the importance of following best practices regarding OSHA regulations regarding laboratory safety and PPE requirements.
· Must be able to occasionally lift or carry items or materials, unassisted, up to 25 lbs
· Highly competitive salary structure
· Metallurgical Technician Position Salary Range: $50,000 – $70,000
· Comprehensive benefits package including Medical (with FSA option), Dental, Vision, and 401(k) with safe harbor contributions by company
· Section 125 (Cafeteria) plan
· Very generous contribution by company towards employee dependent benefits plan participation
· Company paid Life, AD&D, LTD, and STD for employee
· Voluntary supplemental Life, AD&D, LTD, and STD for employee’s dependents
· Generous annual vacation and sick time front-load awarded each January
· Support for healthy work/life balance
· Voluntary Wellness Plan that rewards for participation
· Various miscellaneous complimentary benefits for employee and dependents paid 100% by company
In business for more than twenty-two years, is an independent consulting company that focuses on overcoming the challenges of complex projects in the energy industry. We provide leading-edge expertise to solve subsurface, drilling, completion, production, and materials challenges. We are a team of engineers and scientists with an abiding passion for tackling and solving difficult problems.
Combining the experience and deep-rooted competencies within Blade enables the company to span the entire spectrum of the upstream energy industry. The company’s engineers and scientists possess world-class engineering skills in Reservoir Management, Production Engineering, Well Engineering, Materials & Corrosion Engineering. Beyond oil and gas, Blade has also established an enviable reputation in geothermal energy and front engineering for carbon capture, use and sequestration. Moreover, Blade’s advanced training program is considered amongst the best in the industry.