- Location: Houston, Texas
- Position: Metallurgical Engineer
- Monthly Salary:
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Develop technical solutions for high-end engineering problems in the areas of metallurgical
engineering, fracture mechanics, corrosion and mechanical damage;
• Conduct failure analyses on transmission pipeline failures and downhole components;
• Conduct fitness-for-purpose assessment and predict limits of performance of down-hole tubing and pipeline integrity and failure of the systems;
• Conduct brittle burst and SSC design of materials;
• Conduct fatigue crack initiation/growth and fracture testing; and
• Write technical research papers in archival conferences and journals to report novel solutions of existing and new engineering problems.
Minimum Requirements for Position:
• Ph.D. degree in Metallurgical Engineering or Materials Science with graduate level courses in Fracture Mechanics and in Electrochemistry; plus
• 2 years of related engineering experience in corrosion and failure analysis.
• Domestic and international travel required 25%.